lufta e kosoves edhe fotografia

jack owar II

Primus registratum
lufta e kosoves edhe fotografia

nachtwey_19_bg.jpg

jack owar II

Primus registratum
Re: lufta e kosoves edhe fotografia

prej sajtit t'masako imaokes ( http://www.re-birth.net/gallery/rebirth/index_en.html )

For the past three and a half years, I have been visiting sites around the world that witnessed sudden disaster and conflict for my photographic activities. I began this in July 1999, when I visited Kosovo immediately following the end of conflict there. Homes set on fire, with roofs destroyed. Massacre sites in the mountains. Dolls with their heads torn off. I have personally been overwhelmed each time by the deep-rooted hatred underlying ethnic conflicts. The people who were affected directly did not weep endless tears, however. People who had regained their calm welcomed neighbors who had sought refuge in nearby nations and returned to their home country and shared joy of victory. At night, there were young people playing Albanian music in top volume. There were people who quickly began to earn income by working as taxi drivers for journalists. I witnessed a diversity of life going on in what was supposed to be the venue of tragedy with so many lives lost.
Moreover, my repeated visits to ordinary homes naturally directed my attention to the people of the same gender. Their commitment to their husbands, children and their family. The smiles they show me to keep their spirits up. Their apparently endless capacity to heal and soothe people around them. Their boundless energy comparable to any man. Families that have been deprived of everything but their devastated homes are certainly being relieved and consoled by meager but warm home-cooked meals that they prepare.
In such extreme situations, ordinary women are becoming the fountainhead of life. People who are working frantically to survive in fact have brilliant, sharp eyes and appear to be more alert toward life and living. I was strongly impressed by the strength of these women. Sharing time with these women and watching them get on with their lives actually gave me more courage and strength toward life.
After Kosovo, I have been to Eritrea, Macedonia and Afghanistan where conflicts took place and to disaster-struck Turkey, Taiwan and India. Despite differences in politics and interests, I have witnessed the strength shared in common by people trying to maintain minimum level of living.
Through these photographs, I have tried to portray "The strength of human life" from the women who are trying to stand on their own feet, overcoming tremendous obstacles as victims of tragedy.

Marathonman

Primus registratum
Re: lufta e kosoves edhe fotografia

foto-ja e paré nuk ka té béjé asgjé me Kosovén, edhe i verbéri duhet ta dijé kjo foto éshté nga india apo pakistani....